EXEMPT: No, Contract/Temporary - Absence of Benefits
DEPARTMENT: Affordable Housing
REPORTS TO: Housing Manager
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT: OPEN
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance operations at the properties ranging from move-in, move-out apartment repairs, troubleshoot, and the overall upkeep to enhance the value of the communities and maximize the living experience of our residents. This position involves fixing and troubleshooting equipment, grounds care, and custodial duties as assigned, completing unit turns and assist the communities and your team maintaining the highest standard of customer service. Providing labor support to the Maintenance Supervisor and any other tasks as assigned. The maintenance Technician is responsible to dress for the weather.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned:
- Performs specific grounds care tasks in accordance with established procedures. The tasks include, but are not limited to mowing, trimming, edging, pruning, fertilizing, watering, reseeding; applying fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, and sterilant; sweeping walks and drives; patching parking lots and drives; repairing signs; removing graffiti; spreading sand on snow or ice; picking up trash; tagging of disabled vehicles and units in violation of housekeeping standards, etc.
- Monitors and prepares vacant units for occupancy by way of washing walls, stripping and buffing floors, cleaning kitchens and bathrooms, cleaning windows, and other duties as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Housing Manager.
- Ensures residential units have been turned in in a timely and efficient manner.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs for basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and drywall.
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants.
- Promptly communicate with maintenance leadership concerning all maintenance issues at the property.
- Provides on-call service when scheduled.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s safety and hazard communications programs, policies, and procedures.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness and alerts the Maintenance Supervisor to items that need to be repaired.
- Must practice safety precautions and be safety conscious at all times.
- Reports to immediate supervisor any items requiring maintenance as well as any unusual or unsafe conditions.
- Transports trash and debris to landfills.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks such as painting, patching holes in walls, repairing leaking faucets, unstopping sinks, tubs, and commodes; repairing commodes or drainpipes; replacing ceiling or wall receptacles; light switches.
- Repair and install tiles and flooring if necessary, repair ranges, refrigerators, air conditioners, and heating equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Housing Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- One year of experience in maintenance of rental property.
- Must obtain Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification within the first year of employment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, equipment, and methods commonly employed in the custodial care and cleaning of buildings, facilities, and equipment.
- Knowledge of general grounds care procedures and maintenance.
- Ability to exercise care in the use of materials, equipment, and tools.
- Ability to follow oral and written daily reports.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring moderately heavy manual work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, residents, and the general public.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Independent body mobility to stand, walk, bend, and sit for prolonged periods of time and/or drive a vehicle. Manual dexterity to reach, and grasp; manual dexterity to handwrite or use computer keyboard; vision sufficient to see/read; hear and speak to communicate with customers in person and over the phone.
The position is located in an outdoor environment.