DEPARTMENT: Affordable Housing
REPORTS TO: Housing Manager
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT: OPEN
The duties of this position include a wide range of activities related to performing administrative and clerical duties required to assist in keeping the day-to-day operations running smoothly, determining and documenting participant eligibility, income, and rent. The Eligibility Specialist may perform admissions, re-certifications, interim adjustments and deal with participant problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned:
- Performs a wide variety of general clerical duties, including organizing, compiling, and recording various data and resident files; prepare leases and/or lease addendums; conduct annual and/or interim eligibility reviews; receive and respond to telephone calls; and routine requests for information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides excellent customer service. Work with supervisor to investigate and assist with residents with resolving complaints and/or grievances and/or challenges. Enforce lease agreements; notify residents of lease violations; confer with residents regarding violations, as needed; recommend and implement solutions to violations. Prepare and send violation letters to resident as required by lease and HATC policies and take appropriate action in order to ensure the continued smooth operation of the properties while staying in compliance with tenant landlord law and HATC policies.
- Enters service requests from residents and communicate with the maintenance team for timely processing.
- Uses the on-site management software (Encompass, Outlook, Microsoft Office, Adobe, FileVision, etc.).
- Updates residents’ records as necessary.
- Must be able to drive agency vehicle as needed
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications as applicable.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- One year of property management (preferred)
- Two years of experience in public housing and case management
- High School diploma or equivalent
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, co-workers, directors, supervisors and managers.
- Ability to perform receptionist duties and work with people while representing the department.
- Ability to operate and maintain computer records.
- Familiar with HUD and LIHTC regulations.
- Ability to follow oral and written daily reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, residents, and the general public.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills: typing and writing ability for correspondence, memos, etc.
- Rare travel may be required to assist properties as needed, attend training classes or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all the daily responsibilities of this position
Independent body mobility to stand, walk, bend, and sit for prolonged periods of time and/or drive a vehicle. Manual dexterity to reach, and grasp; manual dexterity to use computer keyboard; vision sufficient to see/read; hear and speak to communicate with customers in person and over the phone.
Position is located in an indoor office environment.
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION AND EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Employer-paid medical insurance premium starting after a 30-day wait period. Coverage will include dental and vision care for the employee only. Dependents or spouses may be added to the Plan coverage at the sole cost to the employee.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) via Deer Oaks.
- Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS) Retirement Plan: employee contributes 4% of the base salary, and the employer provides a match of 2.5 times. The employee is vested at 5 years of service. Eligibility for the employee retirement plan starts on date of hire. TCDRS offers Prior Service Credit for the proportionate time with other approved State Plans.
- $15,000.00 life insurance policy that covers the employee only via The Hartford. Additionally, short term disability, long term disability, and accidental death & dismemberment coverage is also offered to the employee via The Hartford.
- Mutual of America 457 Plan available at the sole cost to the employee.
- AFLAC benefits plan available at the sole cost to the employee.
- Gold’s Gym Corporate membership available: agency will pay ½ of the month membership dues for the employee.
- HATC allows accrual of sick and vacation leave at a rate of 8 hours per month for each. In addition, HATC allows 32 hours of personal time off (PTO) that must be exhausted prior to December 31 of each year, or it is forfeited.
- HATC generally follows the same holiday schedule as the Travis County Government.