Housing Authority of Travis County
JOB TITLE: Asset Manager
DEPARTMENT: Real Estate Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Real Estate Development
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT: OPEN
JOB TYPE: Full Time
Under general supervision of the Director of Real Estate, this position will perform the following:
- Assist in the origination of partnership opportunities to increase SHFC Portfolio of Affordable Housing Strategic Housing Finance Corporation (SHFC).
- Oversee the Corporation’s portfolio of affordable housing property operations in accordance with the policies, goals and objectives established by the SHFC Board of Directors.
- Assist the Director of Real Estate Development in management of SHFC operations, including administration, finance, and planning and development.
- Assist in the development/revitalization of the Housing Authority of Travis County’s (HATC) existing portfolio through funding opportunities available in Travis County, and the oversight of substantial construction rehabilitation activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Asset Manager will be responsible for administrative, management, and oversight functions related to SHFC’s affordable housing portfolio. Specific duties include the following:
- Reviewing third party monthly property financial reports and provides a summary report to thePortfolio Manager/Development director and SHFC Board.
- Representing SHFC’s interest with the property management companies.
- Assisting the SHFC Director of Real Estate Development to identify and manage the rights and responsibilities of SHFC, and their investments in housing developments. This includes identifying the rights and responsibilities of all entities in each assigned project and establishing mechanisms for tracking and monitoring the performance of SHFC, and development partners.
- Making sound recommendations as it relates to actions required to capture monies owed to the SHFC.
- Interpreting complex real estate and finance documents.
- Managing financial needs of each property including, but not limited to, fees, taxes, required documentation, audits, and all other financially relevant matters.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Extensive knowledge of or the ability to:
- Real Estate underwriting, financial structures, due diligence requirements, third party reports, and Affordable Housing Program funding options.
- Construction administration and resident relocation.
- Principles, practices, and techniques of housing management, financial management, budgeting and data processing
- Reviewing and understanding legal real estate documents, financial pro-formas, partnership agreements, development agreements, budget and expense reports, federal, state and local laws and regulations and other requirements.
- Work with projects utilizing low income housing tax credits and other financing sources, and HUD rules and regulations, or ability to quickly become familiar with such laws a regulations, is needed.
- Financial analysis, accounting, or business management experience required.
- Create and maintain a database which holds key information regarding each development contract for which SHFC has an interest. Utilize data to analyze real estate asset portfolio, regulatory requirements and development steps.
- Proofread and edits materials to ensure high quality communications.
- Draft and write detailed notes and communications, to prepare reports and presentations, and to prepare technical information suitable for diverse audiences.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work independently with limited direction.
- Multi-task and prioritize effectively, flexibly, and responsively with the ability to work with diverse work styles.
- Monitor reporting and compliance obligations of SHFC and its development partners.
- Create appropriate correspondence when necessary in order to maintain compliance with executed agreements.
- Work with management companies to respond to residents’ issues.
- Monitor federal, state and local laws, regulations, guidelines, codes and ordinances pertaining to the SHFC properties and federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit program.
- Provide requested information to SHFC fee accountant for monthly financial statements.
- Solicit bids for insurance coverage, negotiates and recommends insurance coverage for HATC and/or SHFC property and liability insurance requirements. Supervises the processing of relateg insurance claims and monitors expiration dates of coverage.
- Keep abreast of new trends, activities and concepts in affordable housing property and asset management via attendance at professional meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Produce financial information, reports and recommendations regarding the properties for the SHFC Board of Directors.
- Prepare Funding application packages for HATC, solicit third party reports, assist in the delivery of due diligence items and provide closing assistance for those funding sources.
- Process construction related draws and coordinate documents required for the funding and reporting requirements of each funding source.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate, or equivalent experience is required. Minimum five (5) years of experience managing real estate/asset management/property management portfolios with additional financial and clerical support responsibilities.
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in management and operations of multifamily property portfolio, or housing developments; management of governmental programs a plus.
- Experience with Tax Exempt Bond financing, 4% and 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credits, City of Austin RHD program, TDHCA Direct Loan Program, and conventional financing related to Affordable Housing multifamily developments is preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and G-Suite; MS Outlook and Access a plus. A general understanding of General Accounting Principles required.
Salary will be commensurate with education and professional experience.
- Employer paid medical insurance premium starting after a 30 day wait period. Insurance will include dental and vision care for the employee only. Dependents or spouses may be added to the plan coverage at the sole cost of the employee
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) from Deer Oaks
- $15,000.00 group life insurance policy that covers the employee only
- Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS) Retirement Plan in which the employee contributes 4% and the employer will match 250% to the plan. The employee is vested at 5 years of service. Eligibility for the employee retirement plan starts on date of hire, TCDRS offers Prior Service Credit for proportionate time with other approved State Plans
- Short and long term disability (pays 100% of the premium for this coverage.
- Mutual of America’s 457 Plan at the sole cost of the employee
- AFLAC Insurance (many products available for purchase by the employee and the cost is deducted from the employee pay)
- Gold’s Gym Corporate membership in which the Agency will pay half of the membership amount for the employee
To apply for this job email your details to Patrick.email@example.com