PUBLIC NOTICE: Housing Choice Voucher
Waiting List Opening 7/1/2022- 7/8/2022
Pre-applications for placement on the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) waiting list program will be accepted starting Friday July 1, 2022 @ 8:00 AM, through Friday July 8, 2022 @ 5:00 PM. If interested in applying for the HCV waiting list, visit https://www.waitlistcheck.com/TX1128-3917.
GET ON THE WAITLIST
If you’re interested in getting on the waitlist, please check if currently are accepting applications here
HOW TO APPLY
A valid email address is needed to complete the preliminary application. HATC will only accept electronic applications. The application process will require a username and password creation. This username/password will allow applicants to check the status of their pre application by visiting https://www.waitlistcheck.com/ 45-60 days following submission of the application.
If special accommodations or assistance is needed in completing this application, please contact Director of Voucher Programs and Homeless Initiatives: Christina Montes at 512-854-1883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Housing Manager: Victoria Perez at 512-854-6268 or email email@example.com. For hearing/deaf impaired, call TTY Relay Texas 711 or 1-800-735-2989 or 1-800-735-2988.
All eligible pre-applications submitted via the website will be entered into an electronic lottery system and a waitlist number will be randomly assigned. After the lottery assigns the ranking, only 500 applications will be randomly selected from all pre-applications submitted. The pre- applications will then be placed on the HCV waiting list in sequential order based on the assigned lottery number, and then sorted by preference to determine position on the waiting list. For selecting applicants from the waiting list, HATC assigns a preference to homeless and non-elderly disabled applicants. All eligible applications submitted regardless of these preferences will be entered into the lottery selection process.
- Homeless Preference – To qualify for the Homeless Preference, the applicant must:
- Meet the HUD definition of Homeless:
- Be referred to HATC by a coalition of homeless providers with whom HATC has executed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) outlining the providers roles and responsibilities with respect to the provision of housing search assistance and supportive services for the referred household; and,
- Provide documentation from the referring homeless service provider regarding homeless status eligibility prio to providing housing assistance.
- Non-Elderly (under 62) persons with disabilities who are transitioning out of institutional or other segregated settings, at serious risk of institutionalization, currently experiencing homelessness, previously experienced homelessness and currently a client in a permanent supportive housing or rapid rehousing project, or those at risk of experiencing homelessness.
If the pre-application is not selected through the random lottery process, the applicant will need to reapply when the waiting list re-opens. When any preference is selected on the pre-application, documentation of that homeless or disability preference will be required if selected for placement on the waiting list. Proof of the preference will be reverified at the time the applicants name reaches the top of the waiting list.